Saturday, June 21, 2014

Breaking Kate by D. Kelly

It was probably months ago that D. Kelly approached me about reading Breaking Kate.  At the time, I had a fairly long list of ARC's and beta reading to do, so I pushed her off.  Lucky for me, she didn't give up on me and sent me a copy right before my vacation.  Well, I didn't do much reading on vacation but finally started it last weekend.  And then I kicked myself for not getting to it sooner.




I'll start by saying this was definitely a 5 Star read for me.  Romance, intrigue, suspense.  A lot of back story.  It grabbed my attention pretty quickly with the prologue and for that reason, I can't tell you much about the story itself because I wanted you to be as taken in as I was.

Obviously it's about someone named Kate.  The things that she goes through in her life are...amazing.  Yeah, that's the word I'll use - amazing.  There's love and loss.  Heartache and hope.  And a few steamy scenes as well.

One of my favorite parts of Breaking Kate involves a tattoo.  The tattoo actually plays a pretty big part in the story and since I don't want to give anything away, I'm not going to tell you much about it.  The teaser I posted below is actually a combination of two scenes.  I think it will tell you a little about why I love it, but doesn't give anything away.


Breaking Kate is #1 in the Acceptance Series.  #2 isn't due out until later this year, but to get us through the summer, D. Kelly has written a novella which ties into the series.  This novella, Catching Kate will be available on July 7th.

Here's a teaser to get you in the mood!




I highly recommend that you put Breaking Kate on your TBR list.  And if it's already on your list, move it closer to the top so you can read it ASAP!

Get it at:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble


Find D. Kelly
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment