Saturday, January 31, 2015

Last to Know by Micalea Smeltzer

"I’m just a girl and you’re just a boy. But together,” I reached up with my free hand, clasping his jaw so he was forced to look down at me, “we’re more. Maybe not perfect, but we’re something pretty extraordinary."



Micalea Smeltzer fans, get ready!  Your new favorite series is on the horizon.  Willow Creek is going to be your favorite band.  Everyone is going to want a hedgehog.  And Maddox is about to steal your heart.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

February 9th is the day that you'll get to meet them all.  Mark it down on your calendar because you do not want to miss this one.  


He was just a boy.
And I was just a girl.
But if that’s all there was to the story it wouldn’t be very interesting, would it?
Up and coming band Willow Creek is back in their hometown for the summer. For the drummer, Maddox Wade, this summer was meant for writing music and playing gigs.
Falling in love was not part of the plan.
One look at Emma Burke and those plans cease to matter.
Emma is quiet and guarded. She’s still hurt from her father walking out two years ago. She doesn’t want to trust Maddox, but with his dark hair, smoldering good looks, and infectious smile he’s impossible to resist.
Together Maddox and Emma embark on an unforgettable summer of adventures and first love.
Everything is perfect…or so Emma thinks.
There are things she doesn’t know, and when she finds out the truth it might shatter everything she’s built with Maddox.
No one said love was easy, and for Maddox and Emma it just might be impossible.

So who wants to read the first chapter?  Well, Micalea has posted Chapter One on her website.  Click here and you can read it yourself, but be warned....you'll be left wanting more.  

My Review:
So you know I was able to get my hands on an ARC.  And what did I think?  Well, as with everything Micalea writes, these characters came to life.  Every woman is going to love Maddox, although I'll let you in on a little secret...I think one of the other boys might steal my heart further along in the series.  But shhh, don't tell Maddox.  I don't want to break his heart.  He is pretty special with his good looks, charm and lovably goofy personality.  

And we can't forget Emma.  She's every girl.  Not the most popular or the head cheerleader, but that girl we all know.  The girl who lives inside all of us - never quite fitting in and not really wanting to.  The girl who just wants to be herself, unapologetically.  And then when she meets Maddox, he not only allows her to be herself, but gently nudges her to be her best self.  

Last to Know makes me want to go back in time to when I was in my late teens with my whole life ahead of me.  I want to feel that excitement, that anxiety again.  Since that's not an option, I guess I'll just have to keep reading everything Micalea Smeltzer writes, letting her stories be my escape, my chance to re-imagine my younger days.  To dream about how many different lives I could have lived.  And isn't that what reading should be, a chance to live many different lives?





I’m here,” he whispered, his fingers skimming along my neck and down my arm. “You can open your eyes now."


Last to Know 
by Micalea Smeltzer

February 9, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment