Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year

The new year has started and for anyone on Goodreads, that means you probably know about the annual Reading Challenge.  Did you set a reading goal for 2015?  Did you have one for 2014?  Did you reach it?

I didn't reach my 2014 goal.  I think it was 105 books and I fell short by 10.  There were a few reasons I didn't make it, but I'm fine with that.  I set my 2015 goal at 101.

I see people who read 250, 300, 350 books each year and I wonder how do they do it?  I honestly have no desire to.  I just don't believe that I would enjoy reading that many books that fast.  I don't think I'd be able to even remember what I read.  I also have a full-time job and so many other things in my life that I enjoy doing or I need to do so I can't possibly spend all of my waking hours reading.  Maybe others can, but I can't and I won't.

I'm currently reading Dream Reunion by J.J. DiBenedetto.  This is the 6th book in the series.




I was contacted by JJ DiBenedetto in 2013 when he asked if I'd be willing to read his series.  He had the first five books in the series available.  I agreed to read and I can honestly say that it was a story unlike anything else I'd read before.  The story is about Sara, who can see other people's dreams.  When she goes to sleep at night, she never knows if she'll have her own dreams (which she never remembers) or if she'll be visiting someone else's dreams (which she can never forget.)  We follow Sara's life from the end of her college years, through med school and on into her adult life with her family.  I think it's an incredible series and I think that if you're looking for something different, this is it.

Here are the links to the rest of the Dream series :
Dream Student
Dream Doctor
Dream Child
Dream Family
Waking Dream
Dream Reunion
Dream Home
Dream Vacation

As you can see, I have some catching up to do.  I love this series because we get to see Sara's life evolve.  We follow her from college, thru med school, marriage and kids.  And there aren't any OMG cliffhangers so you won't feel like you need to read the next book right away.

Hope you're reading something great to start 2015, but if you're looking for something new, I think you should check out the Dream series.


No comments:

Post a Comment