Friday, July 12, 2013

Smitten (Crush #2) by Lacey Weatherford

(Note:  This was copied from the previous incantation of this blog which was over on Wordpress.  I've decided that I prefer blogger.com.  It was originally posted on 6/26/2013.)

For my first actual blog post, I'm promoting my new friend Lacey Weatherford and her new book, Smitten, which was just released this past weekend.

Here is the link to the book on Amazon: Smitten on Amazon



I'm a huge fan of Lacey.  I first read her Of Witches and Warlocks series and instantly fell in love.  I had to read her other books, which include Chasing Nikki and Finding Chase in the Chase series (a third is in the works), and Crush, to which Smitten is the followup.

Each series she writes has one basic premise, they are all about true love.  And who doesn't love LOVE?  But each series is also uniquely it's own.  Of Witches and Warlocks is about, well, I think the title says it all, witches and warlocks.  The main characters are Portia and Vance.  The Chase series and the Crush series don't involve any supernatural beings, but they are still great stories that will make you want to read the next in the series.  I have enjoyed all of them and can not wait to read more of Lacey's books.

So, what is Smitten and why should you read it?  It is the second book in the Crush series, which originally introduced us to Cami and Hunter.  Hunter was the "bad boy" and despite her intentions, Cami fell for him and fell hard.  Hunter has a secret that he is sure could tear them apart.  I won't give away the ending, but I really think you'll enjoy the story.  In Smitten, Cami and Hunter's story continues with new adventures and dangers.

And you should read it because Lacey wrote it.  LOL  Or read it because I said so.   Ok, maybe that's not the best reason.  You should read it because it's well written and a good read.  It may not change your life, but it is an enjoyable story.  It would be a great beach/vacation read.  It's a nice escape without taxing the brain.  Isn't that what we read romance novels for?  A little escape from reality?  Some fun?  Again, we all love LOVE, so read it and enjoy.  The series would be characterized as Young Adult, Teen Romance, etc., and while I'm far from being a teen, I'm still young at heart and I love a good love story.

I'm so glad that I discovered Lacey's books and I now consider her a friend, even though so far we've only met through Facebook, and sometimes I do wonder if she might be afraid that I could be a stalker.  Honest, I'm not!  Really!  I'm just a rabid fan.  Ok, rabid might not be a good word to use.  I do call her my obsession, but I mean that only in the most loving way possible.  Ok, even that sounds creepy.  I should just quit now.

Bottom line...if you love to read, go look for Lacey Weatherford!!  And if you have a Kindle, click that link above and buy Crush and Smitten now while they are still 99 cents!!!

I'll even make it easy for you, so you don't have to search for Crush..here's the Amazon link: 
Crush on Amazon
So click this one for Crush and the one all the way up there at the top of this post to get Smitten.  Hurry up!  What are you waiting for?  Why are you still reading?  I'm done.  Over and out!  Sayonara!

Oh wait, you don't have a Kindle?  You have a Nook?  Ok, here are those links too:
Smitten on Barnes & Noble
Crush on Barnes & Noble

And here it is on Smashwords, so don't tell me you can't find it:
Smashwords
And if you want the good old fashioned paper and ink book, check out your favorite bookseller as they should have it available for you too.  Although it won't be 99 cents.

Now I'm really done!  For today anyway.  Please feel free to leave me any comments.  I'm new to blogging about books.  I'd love to hear what you think of me, my blog, my opinions.  I promise, I won't take it personally.  Ok, I'll try not to.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment