Friday, July 12, 2013

Zeus (The God Chronicles) by Kamery Solomon

(Note:  this post originally appeared on my Wordpress blog on 7/2/13.  I have decided to transfer the blog here and all futures posts will appear here.)

What happens when a college girl meets a Greek God on the Las Vegas strip?  Well, you'll have to read Zeus to find out.  Did you think I was going to give the story away?  Well, I guess I have to tell you something about the book to make you want to read it.

Zeus is the story of Karly who moves to Vegas to go to art school.  Her parents are not thrilled with her moving to Vegas and they have made her a bit nervous, but she decides it's time for her to live her live.  Her roommates are triplets who take her to the hot new club on the strip the day after she arrives, where she meets Zeus.  There first meeting ends with her storming out of the club, but Zeus doesn't give up easy and he continues to pursue her.  Will Karly give him another chance?  Will she ever learn who he really is?



Have I convinced you to read it yet?

Zeus is contemporary romance meets Greek mythology.  We actually meet Zeus in the prologue when he's been banished from Mount Olympus.  I'll be honest, I don't know much about Greek Mythology, but reading Zeus has me a bit more interested.  I'm sure that Kamery has taken some liberties with the history while intertwining the stories, but this is a work of fiction and not a history lesson.

Zeus is actually the first in The God Chronicles.  The 2nd, Poseidon, will be released in the next couple of months.  (Stay tuned for release info here!)  In the meantime, why not pick up Zeus and enjoy a little romance with a Greek God?

Zeus for Kindle at Amazon

My rating for Zeus.  I gave it a 5 out of 5.  I really found myself wrapped up in it early on and I just couldn't put it down.  I started it on Sunday afternoon and finished it on Monday morning.  If Kamery Solomon has more stories like this floating around inside her head, I think she's got a very long and successful career ahead of her.

Happy Reading!

Update:  Just wanted to add the Barnes & Noble link for anyone who has a Nook.
Zeus for Nook from Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment