Friday, July 12, 2013

Welcome!!

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Raquel and I love to read.  I also like to write so I thought I'd combine the two and write about what I read.  And I read a lot! 

Are you wondering about the title of this Blog?  I think the "read" is obvious.  The Roc is a twist on my name.  From the day I was born, my grandfather called me Rocky.  He tried to give his 3 granddaughters boys nicknames because he thought he wanted grandsons.  Mine was the only one that stuck and I don't think he was ever disappointed that we were all girls.  We were pretty tightly wrapped around his little fingers. 

Sorry for that little side trip.  Anyway, the Roc is short for Rocky.

So I hope you'll enjoy following along as I tell you all about the books I'm reading, have read or want to read.

(FYI:  I decided to move this blog from Wordpress because this one allows me more freedom with design.  So if you followed me from there, thank you!  If you're reading this and wondering, wait, haven't I seen this before?  That is probably the reason.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment